Pages

Saturday 12 January 2013

Burda Vintage Modern Review

Burda, Burda, Burda.

I was lucky enough to get the new Burda Vintage Modern book for Christmas "mastering iconic looks from the 1920s to 1980s" apparently.

The book includes a total of 20 base patterns for items spanning 7 decades.  One of the things that impressed me the most was that it actually includes a couple of patterns for men!  Yes, for all those boyfriends, husbands, fathers and brothers you've been threatening with a little "creation", here they are in one little book!

There are some gorgeous designs, my particular favourites are from the 1920s range

The Amelia Top 


      The Lousia Drop-Waist Dress                


Or if you prefer the 1980s... the Heather Bustier Dress
                        


I particularly like the modern twists to the designs, Burda have a lovely way of stylising their designs.  Gone are the days of floral print-1970s-running through a meadow pattern images and here are funky modern interpretations.

The patterns themselves are all traceable and included in a neat little pack at the back. 
               
As with all Burda patterns the seam allowance is not included but I haven't had any issues with this so far and the same with the instructions.

I'm enjoying using this and with the graded skill levels looking forward to working my way up.  

Would love to see if anyone has made any of the patterns?

Thumbs up from me!


(why do I always seem to take my photos in the dark!!) 




2 comments:

  1. I really like that Amelia top, it's so pretty. I need more tops to go with all the skirts I keep making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some really gorgeous tops in the book, I also love the Lillian Blouse.

      Delete