The Burda Vintage Modern Jamie Shift Dress (my version)
So decided to add tabs to create more of a pinafore (mmm pinafore love). I managed to break one of the buttons (fear not, I don't do things by halves and still have a good half a dozen giant buttons leftover!) and a needle in the process so resorted to hand stitching. I detest the hem (with a capital D!!). Burda said slip stitch, Sarah said no way, and tried to machine stitch. I realised that was a big mistake and reverted back to Burda's command. It looks terrible, my hand stitching is just plain awful.
So much excess fabric, the tabs gathered more than I wanted really, oh well.
Big fat wobbly hem. Invisible zipper wasn't too bad, still having the gaping problem as mentioned in my previous post.
I doubt I'll ever wear this but one has learnt from one's mistakes!
On a more successful note...
Some spots and stripes for a birthday prezzie for a friend.
I do have a little surprise for my next post, I'm still waiting on something but almost there. Watch this space...!
Handstitching is such a pain sometimes... Blergh. But once you get in the grrove and it all works out it can be rather pleasant... In a way ;) Loving the giant buttons- they are too cute!ReplyDelete
Thanks, they are the crazy buttons I had flown over from Australia only to find a major sizing issue, ha!Delete