Here's my first ever T-Shirt ready for the summer. In true Sewing Sarah style I'm going to make an army of these. I find that I'm only getting near to happy with my results after a good few attempts with the same pattern. I learn as I'm going along.
I got the free pattern from icandy's self drafted pdf (someone on twitter recommended this for me- so sorry I've lost the tweet to give you a name check and I've a terrible memory!). Hers is designed for a shoulder insert but I didn't want this so just stuck the shoulder inserts to the front to make a full front pattern piece and hey presto!
I love the cute little sleeve bands. Ignore the mis-matching dots, hey it's a slouchy tee after all! My priority was in getting that slippy jersey nailed not perfect pattern matching.
I cut the neck band on the bias as apparently that gives a little more stretch. The neck band is always cut shorter and stretched to fit when sewn in. I was terrified of overstretching it but I think it worked out ok. There are a few little tucks around the back and front right but for my first attempt I'm pretty pleased!
I overlocked/serged everything, everything! I wanted to do a faux cover stitch hem but opted for a stretch stitch instead. I'm learning so much about my overlocker. Can you believe I've only just realised you can opt not to have the knife cutting! *note to self-read the instruction book!*