Pages

Sunday 9 June 2013

Colette Laurel

Summer, summer, summer time...

Here's my wearable (although too short for me - wearable for someone out there!) muslin Colette Laurel Shift with hazy sunshine, dreamyyyyyy....
                     
                                 
I used a spotty cotton for the dress and satin bias binding for the neck.  The sleeves are from the Colette Peony. 


 I added the pockets to the front but it's quite difficult to tell what with all the spots!


 Check out the invisible zipper, my best yet! Apologies for poor pics, the spots haven't shown well and the hazy summer sun didn't help!  I might make this again but omit the zipper (it's easy to slip straight on over your head without it) and definitely lengthen!  I'd probably go for a more drapey fabric though.  The cotton makes it some-what tent-like!

(Note to self- Iron before taking photos for blog!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah, just letting you know I nominated you for an award http://sallybeemakes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/i-back-and-i-super-sweet-apparently.html

    ReplyDelete